Link to Portfolio

Tuesday, April 24, 2007

Picture of the Day

Ok, I don't think I want to do the source code/script idea, unless I get an overwhelming demand for it in the comments. I'm kinda done with that stuff for now. A photo of the day project is much more interesting and will benefit me more. There's plenty of other photo of the day sites out there, and I'm not trying to compete with those; but just a project to motivate me to take photos. The idea is to take photos every day and post a good one on this blog, with a brief description. I got the idea/inspiration to do this when listening to an old Lenswork Podcast in which Brooks Jenson talks about how Dickens published many of his great, large novels as serials, that is, as one chapter at a time over the course of months. It was only much later that these chapters were consolidated and published in a single volume. He had suggested doing an image of the month kinda deal where people subscribe and you produce prints on an ongoing basis. I thought posting daily would be a good way to motivate myself to do more photography.

So here it is. UMASSD parking lot. I didn't say they were all gonna be good... Feel free to post comments or make requests.

No comments: