Link to Portfolio

Wednesday, April 18, 2007

Purpose

"It is purpose that drives us… purpose that binds us…" —Agent Smith(s) from Matrix Reloaded

I just might have come up with a purpose for this blog. Of course there can be more than one purpose. I want to start publishing some of my technical work for my visual thesis. I'm working on my MFA, and if all goes well, I'll have it in just a month or so. I've spent a lot of time trying to figure out technical aspects of my interactive computer pieces. For computers, I'm using Macs, cause that's what I'm most comfortable with.

In order to do what I wanted, I had to write my own scripts, and later dabbled into some heavier coding (objective C). I didn't know anyone that could help me with this technical work. I figure if I did, it would have gone a lot faster. A Mac developer could probably have done this stuff in his sleep.

So, on the odd chance someone out there has similar questions about Mac scripting/programing, or just want to discover the madness to my methods, I'll start posting some example from time to time. Tis good to have a raison d'être. :-)

No comments: