Link to Portfolio

Thursday, May 31, 2007

Apply Directly to the Head

Sure it doesn't look like much, but I was tired after my all too short vacation and I guess this is what was on my mind. Actually I was experimenting with sync speeds. The official high speed sync speed of my camera is 1/250th. It can actually do a 1/3 stop faster (1/320sec) with no problem, when using a flash directly connected to the PC sync on the camera. Going up to 1/400sec puts a very thin black line at the bottom of the frame. At 1/500sec this bar creeps up further, but still seems about 1/4 or less of the frame. That's when syncing directly. When using radio sync via Pocket Wizards, the flash wouldn't sync as fast. This photo shows a PW synced flash with the shutter speed set to 1/320sec. Yet at 1/250th, it's fine.

No comments: