Link to Portfolio

Thursday, June 28, 2007

Happy Tripod

Here's an accidentally anthropomorphized tripod. I've had this compact, lightweight tripod for so many years now. It's so banged up it can barely hold a flash. But it's still happy. Just deconstructing photography a bit. I, and probably many photographers and photo enthusiasts, seem to crave better quality, technically better images. I find myself drooling over high end cameras and expensive glass. I seriously consider buying them. But one doesn't need that high end stuff to make excellent images. Does it bother anyone that they can't see into the Mona Lisa's pores? No. Art rarely takes place at the pixel level. It's more important to capture a moment, an emotion, a feeling, a mood. Still with a new $4k camera, I could capture 10 moods per second ;-)

No comments: